Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Reintroduction and a New Blog

Merry meet again! Welcome to my new home. I'm still unpacking some boxes, but make yourself comfortable.

Some people might be confused as to why there is a new home at all. Bewitching Names started out as a blog designed to cater to Wiccans. I was making a catalogue for Witchy people so that they could find backstory on whatever moniker they wanted.

Why am I not doing that anymore? I got bored. I got bored of the individual name profile format. It got too restrictive for me. As a result I wasn't thrilled with some of my posts.

My all time favorite name enthusiast blog is Marginamia, even though she has not actually written about names in a very long time. I go through her archives of posts and think, "I've looked through these a thousand times, there's no way I'll find any new inspiration." And yet I always do! So I figured that I should take inspiration from her format. My Pagan-y ways are still going to play a big part here, but I feel the need to branch out from exclusively Pagan names and into more general bohemian/literary/artsy names.

So I hope that you like the new content here. There will still be name profiles on occasion. I am also going to revise and repost most entries from the first blog onto this blog and eventually phase out the old blog entirely.

So welcome to my blog Bewitching Names and Curious Ideas. It will be like the old one only...different.

2 comments:

  1. Isadora, I can't believe I thought you were still on a break!!! I'm so glad to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can read the files that you have filed your old blog ? Especially before 2014 ? Because I look at your new blog, I did not find it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete